Heath, Stephanie, Hailee, Spencer, and Alyssa

Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I kind of got to sleep in and I didn't have to change the first poopy diaper of the day -that is always nice! I received a card and a present whilst laying in my bed. It was a card that sang the chicken dance-which we taught Hailee, that was very entertaining and well worth the extra $ for a card. My present was Wii Fit. I think I have played it twice since then-which means my Mii is starting to get fat-oops! Part of the problem is that I don't want to play when Hailee is around, because then it always has to be her turn. Well when Hailee isn't around Spencer still is, (that's my excuse anyway!). But I decided Hailee needed a turn, and it turns out she's pretty good at it. -I'd say she's a natural! I have a second video that was jusy not wanting to be downloaded. She is doing push-ups and side-planks...sooo cute!
. She seems to be a really good copy cat. She is often seen following her friends around doing whatever they do. Which ends up being pretty funny when they trip and fall on the ground and she goes over and lays on the ground to be like them. She has also really enjoyed having Taylor at our house and is often copying her-whether Taylor likes it or not. I keep reminding Taylor that Hailee likes her and wants to be like her, that seems to make it all okay.

Hailee has a special way of picking out gifts for Mom. What she really does is pick gifts that she can take control over once Mom has opened them. This has happened several times... Christmas 2008 -Mom gives Hailee Kung Fu Panda January 2009- Hailee watches Kung Fu Panda at least once a day and asks for Po more often than that. Mothers Day-she recieved a flower pen and two candy bars to give to her Mother, she ate all but a bite of each candy bar and is constantly asking to color with the flower pen-if you ask her whose it is, she would say Hailees.

On another note, Spencer has been so demanding of food lately, I feel like I can't keep up with him and give him enough milk. I also feel like I am constantly feeding him and I'm the only one that seems to make him happy...(Maybe because I'm the only one that can feed him?) Anyhow, I decided to try baby cereal- I know he seems young, but I need to try something. So here are the pictures. It seems to be working so far (day 2)-and as you can see he seems to really like it. Shout out To my wonderful husband Heath. Yesterday I left both kiddos with him for the first time-and I was gone for 5 hours. Well Spence needs milk every hour and I didn't pump enough for him, I knew this before I left and left plenty of formula just in case...poor little boy just gagged on it. Well Heath survived and my kids were alive! But today I got a little taste of what life was like for him while I was gone-and apparently what its like almost every time I leave Hailee at home. My kids were AWFUL today-AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. I feel bad for saying that but honestly I had to scream because they were getting on my nerves sooo much. Hailee wouldn't stop whining and wanted to play outside-which I let her and she snuck over to Caroline's house. THen Spence is crying and it seems like he never sleeps for more than an hour at a time-sometimes only once maybe twice a day. He always wants to eat-I am going to pull my hair out. So anyway thank you Heath for putting up with our two Wonderful and adorably cute kids yesterday, and for putting up with all three of us today-and making dinner! I Love You Babe!

3 comments:

Megan said...

It is so nice to have a break - even if it only for a couple of hours. You need it and the husband needs it so they know what you have to put up with all day long ;) I can't believe how big Spencer is getting. Hopefully with the cereal he will start going longer between feedings...cause every hour?! Man. That stinks for you! I bet it helps that both your kiddos are cute though ;) Bout time for an update!

Kristi said...

I am SO glad to see you post a new post again!! HOORAY! I'm glad to see that Spence likes the cereal - that should hopefully give you a break from having to feed him SOO much. I'm sorry you had a rough day with your kids... that can get so frustrating. Can't wait to see you next week!

Blake and Jessica said...

Ok, my personal opinion. Make your child happy, and guess what?!? Your the mom. You know your son better than anyone or any nebulous website or book that is going to tell you when to start your kid on solids. Grandma Hall tells me ALL the time about how big Spencer is. So he really must be big. I find myself thinking that one child is hard and difficult, I can't imagine two. Your amazing.