Heath, Stephanie, Hailee, Spencer, and Alyssa

Friday, April 30, 2010

Our newest addition

I haven't posted in so long that I have many many many things and pictures to post, but I thought I would start with the biggest news in our lives as of late...

Alyssa Hall was born on April 16, 2010 she weighed 6lb 10oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.

My due date was May 11, so she is a few weeks early but she came all on her own and is healthy and strong-everything went really well.
I went in to my appointment that morning after having a bit of bleeding the night before and contractions the day before coming every 5 minutes-but they didn't hurt so I didn't worry too much. I asked the Dr. to check me since I had alot going on in the next 2 weeks with Mindy's wedding and all. He checked me and I was dilated to a 2 and 70%-with the contractions I was having he recommended that I not go anywhere unless they quit completely. I stopped at Wendy's for lunch and headed home to rest. Heath called around 1 and I told him I was having contractions and that my back was starting to hurt-but probably just because of how I was laying on the couch.
Around 3:30 everything changed-my water broke(or at least I thought it did) So I called Heath and my neighbors who weren't home. Then I started panicking a bit because I needed to get to the hospital. I finally found some neighbors that could watch my kids and one that gave me a ride.
I arrived at the hospital at 4:08 and Heath met me with a wheelchair and wheeled me up to labor and delivery. The nurses were in no rush but after my epidural they checked me again and realized I was about to have this baby before their shift ended at 6. So after a frantic rush to get the room ready and a few pushes by me Alyssa arrived at 5:37p.m.!
(this is the shortened condensed version for your reading pleasure)
Now she is two weeks old and such a sweet baby. She is still very sleepy so that has been nice for me to help me adjust to having 3 kids. Spencer loves her and is very good at being soft, but loves to check on her and touch her whenever he can. Hailee thinks that she is 'so cute' and is adjusting to having another sibling at home. I am doing well and am happy to say that I have once again met my goal of fitting into normal jeans by two weeks after-that makes me happy. Heath is loving being a new daddy again and having a little baby to snuggle on his chest again during a Jazz game.
I apologize for those of you who wanted a pregnancy profile picture of me. I'm not very good about that, but I was planning on taking one the next day-that is when I would have been 371/2 weeks which is when I had Hailee and took one of Spencer to compare-I was just a day early.

and here is where i must stop for the time being...my children need me!

One week old


My gift from Dad, Hailee and Spencer


Alyssa, Spencer and cousin Sydney


More one week shots-isn't she a cutie!



At the hospital


7 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats! I am glad that everything went well (and quickly) and that she is here and healthy. Good luck. I hope that she continues so sleep well so you can adjust. I don't know how you do it all. You amaze me.

Oh and I need your address. I am going to come egg your friggin house for fitting into your jeans 2 weeks postpartum. You suck. Much love,

Megan ;)

Cynthia Mann said...

Congratulations!!!! She looks beautiful. That sounds like quite the delivery, I'm glad everything went well for you guys. We can't wait to meet her!

TaylorClan said...

Yahoo! She is cute, and she makes Spencer look SO grown up! We will be down in a week-I will call next week before we come. Congratulations!

Amie said...

COngratulations Steph! She is adorable. Hope you and baby are doing well.

Casey, Tracey, and Kids said...

Yeah! You updated your blog! Those pix. are adorable! Did Hailee have dark hair like that? I am glad everything went so well-that is a great birth story! I agree with the above comment...fitting into your jeans already-GREAT JOB! and I'm jealous at the same time!

The White's said...

O I love her!! She is a doll. Congrats!!!

Addy

Kellee said...

She is beautiful!